How do I initialize the database?
To initialize your Client Tool database:
1. Click Windows Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog, type the following line, and then click OK:
3. At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER:
4. Type the following line, and then press ENTER:
CD "\Program Files\ECMPS"
5. Type the following line, and then press ENTER:
6. The Restore ECMPS Databases dialog will appear, run, then close.
7. Start the Client Tool.
Your database may need to be initialized if you received MS SQL Server Error #18456: "Error Connecting to Database. The action failed... Login failed...," as shown below. Your Client Tool initialization may have timed out during installation.
For a list of other reasons that you may have received this error, please see the FAQ titled "I received the message 'Error Connecting to Database'."
Tags: database, error, installation
Last update: 2016-06-23 18:42